POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : So women aren't attracted to you? : Re: So women aren't attracted to you? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:15:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So women aren't attracted to you?
From: Warp
Date: 3 Sep 2009 04:19:54
Message: <4a9f7c2a@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > I gotta admit, I'm having a hard time getting used to beer.  I'm ok with
> > most mixed drinks, but my true favorite is absinthe :) :) :)

> WTF?!  I thought absinthe was long forbidden...

  Absinthe having drug-like hallucinogenic and other effects is just an
urban legend invented by absolutists of the time. In reality, there's
nothing special about absinthe. It's just a liquor like everything else.
If it has any special effect (which other liquors don't have) on anybody,
that's a pure placebo effect. (At some places they like to keep up the
urban legend and the ensuing placebo effect on people because it's
profitable.)

  AFAIK absinthe has not been forbidden anywhere for a long time.

--
                                                          - Warp