POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mysteries of the universe : Re: Mysteries of the universe Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:13:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mysteries of the universe
From: Chambers
Date: 3 Sep 2009 02:05:54
Message: <4a9f5cc2$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Neeum Zawan wrote:
>>     Yes, but why 101? Why not 100? (I've occasionally seen a 100
>> course, but 101 is much more common).
>
> Because most normal people start counting at one?

Also by convention, 100 is the last (if available) of the remedial
courses for a topic.

101 isn't usually the "for noobs" section, but rather the "first course
appropriate for college" level.

If you've failed to master high school material, then you'll probably
have to go through 60, 70, 80, 90, and occasionally a 100 course to make
sure you can handle the college courses.

At least, that's the theory.  In reality they often get weird numbers
(like 126 being the first course in a series, or 110 the first of another).

...Chambers