POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Some conspiracy theories are right after all... : Re: Some conspiracy theories are right after all... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:11:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some conspiracy theories are right after all...
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 2 Sep 2009 19:58:18
Message: <4a9f069a$1@news.povray.org>
>  I still don't see too much difference from what I wrote.
>
>  The astronauts would have to either be involved directly in the fakery,
> or some other people would have to be put in suits to fake the photos.
> Even if the fakery did not require actually taking photos, only
> manipulating
> existing material, the astronatus would notice some of the photos not
> matching anything they did. In either case I find it implausible for all
> these people to keep quiet about it.
>
>  Some people have to make the decision to create the fakes and arrange
> for making them. Some people need to do the actual faking. Some people
> would notice that some of the photos were not in any of the films in
> the actual cameras, and would certainly start asking questions about
> where those photos came from. All of these people would have to be kept
> quiet about these issues for the past 40 years.
>
>  And what would be the point? Why fake some photos while still having
> some genuine photos? Why take the risk of this information leaking?

Think about it this way, the crew has just had hairy landing almost
out of fuel, they call back "the eagle has landed", on earth everyone is
elated, they've made it. Armstrong is going down the ladder when
the video feed breaks up, having planned for every contingency
"they" cut in a video portion of "Armstrong" descending a ladder,
after the delay everyone on earth hears and sees what is really going
on, the USA has beaten the USSR to the moon. Soon after the
video breaks up again... "they're" done with the clip. The astronauts get
the camera from inside and set it up, they get the rover camera working,
who knows about the edit? The astronauts obviously don't, the
video went thru JPL, so it's likely no one at mission control knew,
it's the sort of secret that some military type might take to the grave
with them. Is there proof? No... just a few inconsistencies in what
remains of the footage. The original is gone, so there's no way to
look for a definitive forensic video fingerprint proof.