POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Some conspiracy theories are right after all... : Re: Some conspiracy theories are right after all... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:10:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some conspiracy theories are right after all...
From: Warp
Date: 2 Sep 2009 16:07:30
Message: <4a9ed081@news.povray.org>
> He *did* say "portions" of the footage were faked. That's far more plausible
> than everything being faked, and far easier to cover up.

  I still don't see too much difference from what I wrote.

  The astronauts would have to either be involved directly in the fakery,
or some other people would have to be put in suits to fake the photos.
Even if the fakery did not require actually taking photos, only manipulating
existing material, the astronatus would notice some of the photos not
matching anything they did. In either case I find it implausible for all
these people to keep quiet about it.

  Some people have to make the decision to create the fakes and arrange
for making them. Some people need to do the actual faking. Some people
would notice that some of the photos were not in any of the films in
the actual cameras, and would certainly start asking questions about
where those photos came from. All of these people would have to be kept
quiet about these issues for the past 40 years.

  And what would be the point? Why fake some photos while still having
some genuine photos? Why take the risk of this information leaking?

--
                                                          - Warp