POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Same scene renders different in v3.7beta34 versus v3.62 : Re: Same scene renders different in v3.7beta34 versus v3.62 Server Time
6 Oct 2024 02:26:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Same scene renders different in v3.7beta34 versus v3.62
From: Alain
Date: 2 Sep 2009 12:46:37
Message: <4a9ea16d$1@news.povray.org>

> Alain <aze### [at] qwertyorg> wrote:
>> On my system, ALL the starfields looks the same.
>
>   I don't understand how that is physically possible. The starfield image
> as rendered by pov3.6 has completely different pixel values than the one
> rendered by pov3.7. For example, the upper left pixel of the starfield area
> in the pov3.6-rendered image has a pixel value of (0A, 0D, 20), while the
> one in the pov3.7-rendered image has a pixel of (3A, 41, 63).

The first time i visited, the starfields where identical, except for the
surrounding backgrounds.

This time, they are not.
The "original" and the 3.6.1 are identical.
The 3.7 is MUCH brighter. It shows details that are NOT visible in the
other images even with the brightness cranked to the max for the firsts,
with the brightness at it's lowest setting for 3.7.

Whatever my settings, the top and bottom parts of the rendered images
never match.
Notably darker with 3.6.1, much lighter with 3.7.

On the other hand, I get no undesirable effects when I use a POV-Ray
generated image as an input in another one. Brightness, saturation and
colour balance don't change. I normaly use PNG as file format.

Alain