POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Reflecting (and bent) torus on checkered plane : Re: Reflecting (and bent) torus on checkered plane Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:21:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reflecting (and bent) torus on checkered plane
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Sep 2009 10:55:21
Message: <4a9e8759$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
>>> Ah okay... another point I obviously didn't read properly...
>>
>> Or perhaps it's not present in v2, I didn't look. :-)
>
> I just did: GPL v2 Section 5 can be interpreted that way, but it's not
> as obvious.

You're never required by copyright to agree to a license before you can
receive or run a copy of a program. Not in the USA at least.

Copyright controls copying, period. Loading a program from a disk into
memory, being an essential step in using the program, is not copying, any
more than bouncing light off a page to form an image on your retina is.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Understanding the structure of the universe