POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Multiple cores : Re: Multiple cores Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:22:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Multiple cores
From: Invisible
Date: 2 Sep 2009 10:53:50
Message: <4a9e86fe$1@news.povray.org>
SharkD wrote:
> I'm not very familiar with Vista, but can you move non-multi-core
> supporting applications to different cores so that they run in parallel?
> In particular, I've noticed that POV 3.6 only uses 50% of the CPU, so i
> though I might run two instances, one per core.

In general, just running two copies of the application will do the job
[assuming it will let you]. You don't actually need to make each copy
run on a specific core. (You CAN, it's just usually not necessary.)

IIRC, POV-Ray might have a "keep single instance" option somewhere which
you'd need to turn off. (Other applications have something similar.)