POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Reflecting (and bent) torus on checkered plane : Re: Reflecting (and bent) torus on checkered plane Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:25:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reflecting (and bent) torus on checkered plane
From: scott
Date: 2 Sep 2009 02:58:19
Message: <4a9e178b@news.povray.org>
> That's irrelevant. In any case, if you made money distributing it yourself
> (say, selling postcards of the outdoor statue), the amount I could win
> would seem easy to calculate.

Yes, zero, because you were giving it away for free in the first place.  If
you had some evidence that at a certain point in time you would cease giving
it away for free and start selling stuff then ok, you could probably claim
some losses.  But without any evidence of that I don't see how you can claim
some fictitious loss of earnings of whatever.

> How much is someone damaged if I take a GPL program that's freely
> available without me having to agree to anything, I add features to it,
> and I distribute the new executable without releasing the source?

Zero dollars.