POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : stbenge Fastprox fast SSS : Re: stbenge Fastprox fast SSS Server Time
6 Oct 2024 03:16:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stbenge Fastprox fast SSS
From: clipka
Date: 2 Sep 2009 01:39:40
Message: <4a9e051c$1@news.povray.org>
Mr schrieb:
> Here is what I have so far with the skin shader I'm trying to do... not much :(
>
> maurice.raybaud.eu/images/stories/FastSSSradFlicker.avi
>
> I used FastSSS2 macro to get render times below 6 minutes per frame (I was
> aiming for below 3 But it's still faster than true SSS.
> The problem is I had to use radiosity So now I wonder if the flickering I get on
> the backlit side is because of fastprox or because of radiosity.

Unless you make use of POV-Ray's mechanisms for storing and re-loading
of radiosity samples, some deal of flicker is virtually inevitable with
radiosity - the lower-quality the settings, the worse.

(Of course it doesn't help that if your scene contains any moving
objects, you'd theoretically need to recompute radiosity for every frame
anyway.)