POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : max_trace_level not handled properly with blobs : Re: max_trace_level not handled properly with blobs Server Time
7 Jul 2024 07:11:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: max_trace_level not handled properly with blobs
From: clipka
Date: 2 Sep 2009 01:18:33
Message: <4a9e0029@news.povray.org>
Tim Attwood schrieb:
> Yeah, it's stalling in hall of mirrors, trace level must not be
> incremented.

That's how it appears to me indeed. Stepping through the code, it seems
that POV-Ray fails to properly mark the blob object as increasing the
trace level.

The issue can be worked around by assigning a reflective texture to the
blob as a whole, but it's a bug nonetheless. I took the liberty to add
your sample scene to an error report.