POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Portal : Re: Portal Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:11:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Portal
From: Chambers
Date: 1 Sep 2009 22:41:03
Message: <4a9ddb3f$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Hehe, I think I played it for about an hour one afternoon, like I said I
> think it was about 30 levels I did but they just got really repetitive.
> Shoot one portal here, one there, jump into one, repeat until you're
> near the exit.  Nothing was particularly challenging about deciding
> where to shoot the portal.  And (at least on my PS3) it seemed to take
> longer to load each level than to actually complete it...

There are 19 test chambers, of which the first 14 or 15 are specifically
crafted to teach you a particular skill.  After that, they start to get
a little tricky.

Then, there are the "behind the scenes" levels, which are unnumbered,
but which there are less than 10 of.

The first time I played through, it took me a total of about 4 hours
play time (spread over 10 days, though :( ).  The second time, I
listened to the commentary as I played, and it took me just under 4 hours.

Last night I played for 45 minutes, and got to level 17.

It's really a short game.

...Chambers