POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Same scene renders different in v3.7beta34 versus v3.62 : Re: Same scene renders different in v3.7beta34 versus v3.62 Server Time
6 Oct 2024 04:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Same scene renders different in v3.7beta34 versus v3.62
From: clipka
Date: 1 Sep 2009 12:47:34
Message: <4a9d5026$1@news.povray.org>
Warp schrieb:
>   You assume that on a CRT pure white pixels have the exact same size as
> pure black pixels, ie. that there's no color bleending at all happening
> on the fluorescent surface.

No, I just assume that the the phosphors react sufficiently linear with
respect to electron beam intensity vs. emitted light intensity, as well
as interaction with scattered light. If that is given (and as of now I
have not heard of anything to the contrary), it does not matter how much
the beam widens at high intensities, or how much optical scattering
occurs in the phosphors: Both effects then just change the distribution
of the light emission, but preserves the overall brightness.

If you doubt this presumption, you can still try with a coarser pattern
and a diffusor like a sheet of paper.

Also note that if there was a nonlinear effect of color bleeding on the
overall brightness acting in favor of the 3.7 gamma, then the same
effect would have been present in the checkerboard pattern as well,
partially countering the black/white transition nonlinearities in there
that favored the 3.6 settings.