POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Portal : Re: Portal Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Portal
From: Tim Cook
Date: 1 Sep 2009 10:11:53
Message: <4a9d2ba9$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Tim Cook wrote:
>
>> And the level where they're all in cages is pretty easy, as long as
>> you have patience and don't mind pushing things around while you hide
>> behind them.
>
> There's nothing to hide behind. It's just an open maze, with hundreds of
> thousands of droids, all ready to kill you, and no way to escape. The
> only way I can think of is if you can run faster than they can scan...

Are you playing a custom level?

The one I'm talking about is the first one with the turrets.  It happens
to have a rat-man hideaway in the wall past the third turret you
encounter.  There's some large weighted storage cubes stuck in the
platform, as well as some blocks inside the behind-the-wall.  You can
push them out into the rest of the area.  Also, there's a room a bit
further along with a whole lot of weighted storage cubes.  You can make
piles of them to hide behind and kind of skulk around, disposing of the
turrets in the regular mode or blocking their field of fire in the caged
mode.  Tricky mode:  solve that level using only 2 portals.  Hint:  it
involves building a staircase.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS0dOHV8OBw  walkthrough of a 'normal'
way of solving the level

--