POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : So women aren't attracted to you? : Re: So women aren't attracted to you? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:13:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So women aren't attracted to you?
From: Invisible
Date: 1 Sep 2009 05:40:10
Message: <4a9cebfa$1@news.povray.org>
>> It just seems everywhere I do, I don't fit in. Hell, even my gaming
>> clan; they're all gamers. I'm the only actual computer nerd.
>
> If you think you "don't fit in" just because you're a computer nerd and
> they're gamers, then sorry but you're never going to fit in anywhere.

Actually, when we're gaming, I think I more or less fit in. It's the
face to face stuff where I don't get on so well. But some of the guys
are quite fun; I guess you can't expect to get along with everybody.

What I can't figure out is this: I can't be the only person my age in
the entire city of Milton Keynes. So where the *hell* are the rest of
them? Presumably if I could find them, I'd get along with *some* of them...

> you're going to be very lonely.

Um... I already am?

>> Maybe this is why I fail. I mean, let's face it, aside from being a
>> nice guy with a good heart, I have absolutely no redeeming features.
>> Why should anybody go to the bother of getting to know me? What's in
>> it for them? It's not like there's anything worth-while about me...
>
> Oh I'm sure there is, but if you keep telling everyone you meet that
> there isn't, then don't expect anyone to be at all interested in you.

Ever tried to convince somebody else of something you don't really
believe yourself? It's kinda tricky. :-/