POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : So women aren't attracted to you? : Re: So women aren't attracted to you? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:13:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So women aren't attracted to you?
From: scott
Date: 1 Sep 2009 05:30:23
Message: <4a9ce9af@news.povray.org>
> It just seems everywhere I do, I don't fit in. Hell, even my gaming clan;
> they're all gamers. I'm the only actual computer nerd.

If you think you "don't fit in" just because you're a computer nerd and
they're gamers, then sorry but you're never going to fit in anywhere unless
you go to a computer nerd convention.  I guarantee that the number of people
you will meet normally in your life (ie not by going to a convention or
whatever) that want to talk about functional programming languages with you
will be *tiny*.  There's nothing wrong with functional programming, it's
just everyone has their own very specific interests, and if you rule out
anyone else then you're going to be very lonely.

> Maybe this is why I fail. I mean, let's face it, aside from being a nice
> guy with a good heart, I have absolutely no redeeming features. Why should
> anybody go to the bother of getting to know me? What's in it for them?
> It's not like there's anything worth-while about me...

Oh I'm sure there is, but if you keep telling everyone you meet that there
isn't, then don't expect anyone to be at all interested in you.