POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Idle dreams : Re: Idle dreams Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:15:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Idle dreams
From: Chambers
Date: 1 Sep 2009 02:55:06
Message: <4a9cc54a$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> So there are hex-core Operons now, eh? And HP are planning to ship them?
>
> Obviously, I immediately wondered where you buy an 8-socket HP server
> populated with hex-core Operons, and what such a beast would cost.

Tonight was my first night at a new class, and it turns out the
professor works at Intel for his day job, testing new hardware from them.

He mentioned two particular toys that I'm envious of.  Larrabee, the new
graphics part, and a 16 core server with 1TB of RAM.

Man, I'd love having his job :)

...Chambers