POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Reflecting (and bent) torus on checkered plane : Re: Reflecting (and bent) torus on checkered plane Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:19:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reflecting (and bent) torus on checkered plane
From: scott
Date: 1 Sep 2009 02:51:58
Message: <4a9cc48e$1@news.povray.org>
> The copyright. The right to prevent other people from making copies
> without your permission.

All I'm saying is that I don't see how you can keep that right when your
work is freely available in the first place.  And I mean completely freely
available, no signing anything, no agreeing to terms, no having to give your
address, no joining a waiting list etc.

If it went to court in such a situation, how would the judge decide how much
money the author had lost by this "unlawful" copying of the work?