POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Healthcare: Would Cooperatives work? : Re: Healthcare: Would Cooperatives work? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:22:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Healthcare: Would Cooperatives work?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 31 Aug 2009 17:52:49
Message: <4a9c4631$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 16:43:03 -0500, Neeum Zawan wrote:

> 	Over here, it's not rare for dentists to do unnecessary
procedures. I
> hadn't gone to a dentist in about a decade, so I thought my teeth may be
> in bad shape (no symptoms, though). The first dentist I went to said I
> needed 10 cavities filled. I did 2. Then I went to another dentist. He
> looked at the X-Ray and said I didn't need any more.
>
> 	Mine is not the only story when it comes to dentists. That I was
> covered by insurance may well have been a factor...

Similar case here, no cavities but about 10 years since my last visit
when I started going again this year (and that was only because of
headaches that seemed localized in my jaw - turns out they were tension
headaches - something my dentist suggested I check into).

I really like my dentist, but he's tried several times to get me to agree
to a gingevectomy and/or facings on my teeth.  Purely cosmetic stuff,
which he agrees isn't absolutely necessary, but he keeps trying to
"upsell" these to me, even though he wouldn't do the procedures.

I'm going to have to suggest that he stop the attempts to upsell stuff I
don't want the next time I see him.

Jim