POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bell curves : Bell curves Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:25:04 EDT (-0400)
  Bell curves
From: SharkD
Date: 31 Aug 2009 17:22:38
Message: <4a9c3f1e$1@news.povray.org>
I would like to create a function for a heightfield that has a nice bell
curve shape, but can also be normalized between 0 and 1 along each axis.
I've looked at the normal distribution and beta distribution functions,
but they can only be normalized along one axis.

The sine wave can be normalized, but it is not "fat" enough (i.e. I
would like the peak to be wider than the trough). What other options are
there?

-Mike