POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Same scene renders different in v3.7beta34 versus v3.62 : Re: Same scene renders different in v3.7beta34 versus v3.62 Server Time
6 Oct 2024 00:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Same scene renders different in v3.7beta34 versus v3.62
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 31 Aug 2009 13:23:49
Message: <4a9c0725$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:

> The 3.7 shot looks /perfect/ on my display, no matter whether I display
> it in Internet Explorer, Windows Explorer preview, or Photoshop 6.0.
> Given that I did invest some time into calibrating my primary display,
> this tells me that yours/ must be /way/ off.

I need to run my colorimeter on my display again, but the 3.6 grayscale
looks better than the 3.7 grayscale on my screen. The 3.7 grayscale does
look too bright to me. I'll have to make sure my display at home is
calibrated to see how it looks...

> So stop your griping, disengage "demand mode", calibrate your image
> viewing pipeline properly, and /then/ come back with any residual problems.

See? this is the whole problem with gamma correction, if everyone
doesn't have a properly calibrated screen, and doesn't properly embed a
color profile in the image, or the viewing app does not handle the
embedded profile correctly, then you get all sorts of different results.

--
~Mike