POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Healthcare: Would Cooperatives work? : Re: Healthcare: Would Cooperatives work? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Healthcare: Would Cooperatives work?
From: Darren New
Date: 31 Aug 2009 12:37:44
Message: <4a9bfc58$1@news.povray.org>
Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay wrote:
> Why are healthcare costs rising?  Insurance.

I've come to the conclusion that everything sucks when the people getting
the benefit aren't the people paying the money out. See, for example, most
forms of interrupt-advertising (as in, advertising you didn't ask for, vs
ordering a catalog from the manufacturer, say).

Why don't we have these similar problems with auto insurance? Well, we do,
but to a much smaller extent. (Ever need to get a window replaced on your
car? There's a fixed minimum fee that's about 5x what a competent person
would need to charge to do the job, published by the auto manufacturer.)
However, the other half is that you don't need any particular license to
work on your own car.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Understanding the structure of the universe