POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Greg Egan does it again : Re: Greg Egan does it again Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Greg Egan does it again
From: Darren New
Date: 31 Aug 2009 11:41:34
Message: <4a9bef2e$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> Darren New schrieb:
>> Ramsey's Theorem in almost english at the start, that might explain
>> why you might care:
>
> Well, I think the emphasis here should be on /might/ :-P

Well, my intent was the take-away that there's actually things like graph
problems where you color the edges of something, that trigger godel, rather
than just a big long artificially-constructed string that nobody otherwise
cares about.

Sort of the difference between the halting problem and some of the actual
useful stuff (like the printing problem, etc) that falls out of it.

I can imagine there's a use for solutions of colored graphs. I can't imagine
there's a use for a Godel string outside of Godel proofs.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Understanding the structure of the universe