POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Reflecting (and bent) torus on checkered plane : Re: Reflecting (and bent) torus on checkered plane Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:26:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reflecting (and bent) torus on checkered plane
From: scott
Date: 31 Aug 2009 04:15:39
Message: <4a9b86ab@news.povray.org>
> Can you really give software away for free and then sue someone for not
> providing the source with the object code?

Assuming it was completely for free (ie you didn't make them sign or agree
to some specific license) then I hope you can't sue them.

> Can you really broadcast a movie over radio waves then sue someone for
> selling tapes they made of the broadcast?

Again, assuming the public are legally allowed to receive that radio
frequency freely, then that transmission is already "released" to the
public.  You shouldn't be then allowed to try and control what the public
does with your transmission.  If you want to control your work, don't
release it for free to the public.