POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dell support : Re: Dell support Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:25:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dell support
From: scott
Date: 31 Aug 2009 03:54:58
Message: <4a9b81d2@news.povray.org>
> I would expect that this is pretty much the standard for Dell support.
> It's a
>  mirror of my own experience. Part of the
> problem is that the " technical support" people understand just a few
> English
> phrases and their responses. I hesitate to give them too much trouble
> because
> they are probably little more than slave labor. We really should not do
> business
> with companies, like Dell and many others, who "outsource" their
> "technical support"
> to such.

Unfortunately most people aren't as thoughtful as you, and will just choose
the cheapest product or service regardless.  This forces companies to reduce
their costs in ways like this or risk going bankrupt.

Offer someone a laptop for $500 with very good support speaking fluently in
your language, or one for $400 with dodgy support, and I bet most people
will take the cheaper one.  Companies know this.