POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Name that style : Re: Let's try again Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:12:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Let's try again
From: David H  Burns
Date: 30 Aug 2009 19:41:31
Message: <4a9b0e2b@news.povray.org>
Well no one word, or even many words, could *describe* these. What you
were asking
us to do is to *classify* them. I think "Gothic" is the right general
classification for these two,
but an expert might have another more precise classification ( Wikipedia
is unlikely
to make us experts).
I would call the organ, "Baroque" but I'm very fuzzy about
classifications or architectural
styles. I would call all three "impressive" but that's not really a
description or a classification
but more like "O Wow!".

I don't know about the woman in blue in the lady chapel photo.

David