POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : So women aren't attracted to you? : Re: So women aren't attracted to you? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:26:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So women aren't attracted to you?
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 30 Aug 2009 04:09:06
Message: <4a9a33a2$1@news.povray.org>
>> Anyway, if you meet people at a bar, you're going to meet people who
>> like going out to bars. Given that I don't, this is probably not a
>> good idea.
>
> That's true.  So then the question just becomes finding something you
> enjoy where there are other people.

Except that all the things I enjoy doing are solitary activities. (With
the exception of snogging. You really need a partner for that...)

>>> Keep going out, having fun, and don't worry about whether or not
>>> you'll find anyone.  Just have a good time, and take advantage of
>>> whatever opportunities present themselves :)
>>
>> That's just it. Sitting alone in a room full of people staring at me
>> like I'm a bug-eyed monster is *not fun*. There has to be a better way...
>
> Well, then try a club, or a dance hall, or something.  Find someplace
> with a pool table, and at least you won't just be sitting there.

Well, I've tried all the things they recommand. Pubs and clubs aren't
much fun, but I tried anyway. I tried taking evening classes; that
didn't work. I used to ski regularly; everybody's too busy to chat
though. I started taking dance lessons. It's quite fun, but I'm not
really meeting people very much. Not sure what the hell to try next.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/