POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : n_to_national_healt =?ISO-8 : Re: Can anyone explain _to_national_health_care? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:26:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can anyone explain _to_national_health_care?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 29 Aug 2009 17:47:53
Message: <4a99a209@news.povray.org>
Tom Austin wrote:
> So, this makes the situation even worse - the uninsured have to make up
> for the insured.

Hmm. Heard recently that one group that owns a lot of insurance
companies, UHG I think, made $19.7 billion last year, convinced someone
to change law just within the last several months to be "fairer" to
them, by letting them make you pay 35% of the cost as premiums, instead
of the "unfair" 24% it was before. Why are we paying 24% at all?
Because, until they got sued, and the judge ordered them to pay money to
create a new, independent one, UHG ***owned*** the only two companies
that **all** insurance companies go to for listings on the average cost
of medical procedures, and they where caught *intentionally* under
rating the costs. I.e. An X-Ray really costs $500, so they would say it
only cost $400, then only pay 75% of that, so you would end up paying
$100 for the premium, and $100 for the "non-covered" cost, and they
would then only pay the other $300, when they **should have** been
correctly reporting the average cost as $500 in the first place, and
paying out $375.

Now, multiple that situation by.. long term care, or multiple
procedures, in the tens of thousands of dollars... Why the hell the
judge didn't do the sane thing, declare the practice as monopoly like
behavior, and insist that they divest themselves of the companies
entirely.. And, how do you keep them, as someone that put funds into the
company, from influencing the so called "independent" one they where
ordered to pay into, to compete?

They want to know how we can pay for this bill.. Lets cut away some of
the stupid asses dead weight, like UHG. Oh, wait, that's a *private*
company, not government, so the waste, expense, bureaucracy and insanely
stupid profits being made by such people are protected from public
interest...

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {