POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Same scene renders different in v3.7beta34 versus v3.62 : Re: Same scene renders different in v3.7beta34 versus v3.62 Server Time
5 Oct 2024 15:39:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Same scene renders different in v3.7beta34 versus v3.62
From: Warp
Date: 29 Aug 2009 11:20:12
Message: <4a99472c@news.povray.org>
Btw, if I load a jpeg image as an image_map to an object with diffuse 0
and ambient 1, the image will look way too bright and washed out, completely
different than when I look at the image with any other program.

  If I write an "assumed_gamma 2.2" in the global_settings block, pov3.7
will warn me, but now the image will look correct.

  So what is the *proper* way to tell pov3.7 how it should assume colors
(eg. in image maps) to be gamma-corrected?

--
                                                          - Warp