POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Idle dreams : Re: Idle dreams Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:16:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Idle dreams
From: clipka
Date: 28 Aug 2009 23:13:19
Message: <4a989ccf$1@news.povray.org>
Warp schrieb:
>   I'm talking about an actual modern game.
>
>   After it easily calculates everything it has to calculate per frame,
> adding more cores is not going to speed it up at all.

That has been true for eons of gaming: If the framerate exceeded that of
your display, that would be the moment where it would be absolutely
nonsense to buy a faster computer for /that/ game.

However, if you buy a computer /now/, and intend to use that, say, just
two years, your computer /will/ see games that max it out, even if the
current ones don't.