POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Exporting from wings3d to povray : Re: Exporting from wings3d to povray Server Time
5 Oct 2024 16:18:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Exporting from wings3d to povray
From: clipka
Date: 28 Aug 2009 23:06:00
Message: <4a989b18@news.povray.org>
nimda schrieb:
> That worked perfectly. As I saw the word crease angle I immediately thought
> about the same notion in VRML. Interpolation between normals is only done if
> the angle is smaller than this value, so if it is too small, the drastic change
> in direction of the normals at the edges and the vertices is too big, giving all
> those nasty shadows. To check if it was really that, I put the crease angle back
> to zero, but to no avail, I have to recreate the cube.

No, you don't have to ;-)

Apparently, Wings3D does not refer to the angle between the faces, but
the angle between their ("raw") normal vectors. So to undo your changes
(aside from actually using Undo :-P) you'd have to specify a crease
angle of, say, 100.

Or you can simply mark all edges (e.g. select the cube in object mode,
then switch to edge mode), then pick "Hardness"/"Soft".