POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Pattern showing *change* in slope : Re: Pattern showing *change* in slope Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:27:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pattern showing *change* in slope
From: clipka
Date: 28 Aug 2009 12:35:40
Message: <4a98075c$1@news.povray.org>
SharkD schrieb:
> OK, here's what I have:
>         dv_Sqr(hf_function1(x - dv_D,y,z) + hf_function1(x + dv_D,y,z) -
> 2 * hf_function1(x,y,z))
> However, I get the error: "Parse Error: Expected '.', + found instead"

Sorry, I forgot that with that hf_function1 being a pigment function,
you'll need to evaluate a particular color component, so instead of

     hf_function1(...)

you need to write:

     hf_function1(...).grey

(or .red, .green or .blue, but if I'm not mistaken the height_field
object uses the combined grey value as well, so the same should be used
as the basis for the curvature computations.)