POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Sun, atmosphere, haze etc. : Re: Sun, atmosphere, haze etc. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:33:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sun, atmosphere, haze etc.
From: clipka
Date: 27 Aug 2009 23:40:13
Message: <4a97519d$1@news.povray.org>
SharkD schrieb:
> Notice how the clouds are darker near the camera (at the top of the
> image) and get lighter the farther away they are (toward the middle of
> the image). The samples are already set pretty high:

It appears to me they're much too thinned-out. So you get that bright
white far off where the ray hits shallow enough to traverse a
considerable distance in the clouds, but almost plain blue sky right above.

Also note that in reality, the far-off clouds would be hit at a less
shallow angle due to earth's curvature; maybe you can achieve a similar
effect by very slightly tilting the sky. Alternatively, you could use a
shell made out of actual gigantic spheres as your media container (you
may need to adjust your density pattern in that case though).

Another thing that looks weird is the apparent "stacking" - hard to tell
where that comes from. Maybe the geometry is way different from what I
think it is.