POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Parallel processing : Re: Parallel processing Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:27:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parallel processing
From: nemesis
Date: 27 Aug 2009 16:37:38
Message: <4a96ee92$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New escreveu:
> Warp wrote:
>>   I laughed some years ago when they introduced a really revolutionary
>> and
>> innovative new concept: Dumb terminals. Of course the marketing speech
>> didn't
>> say that dumb terminals have existed for something like 30 years
>
> 30? What's a card punch other than a dumb terminal? :-) Dumb terminals
> have been around *way* longer than 30 years. Dumb *graphics* terminals
> 30 years ago, perhaps. :-)

BTW, there are some crazy gaming companies around pushing for
centralized rendering for games:  you render the games in your servers
and then push the graphics and sounds onto users' screens, this way
actually subdisizing the hardware and making it irrelevant so that users
can play in any event.  I wonder about the latency and fail whales...

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9