POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Reflecting (and bent) torus on checkered plane : Re: Reflecting (and bent) torus on checkered plane Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:16:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reflecting (and bent) torus on checkered plane
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 27 Aug 2009 13:39:50
Message: <4a96c4e6$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Sabrina Kilian wrote:
>> For a work that is displayed in public, on public land
>
> http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-protect.html
>
> You can copyright a building. I don't see why you can't copyright a
> piece of sculpture in the public. At least currently in the USA.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/usc_sec_17_00000120----000-.html

When in doubt, Wikipedia for the chapter and section of legal code, and
Cornell for the actual words.

17.1 120 (a) Pictorial Representations Permitted.— The copyright in an
architectural work that has been constructed does not include the right
to prevent the making, distributing, or public display of pictures,
paintings, photographs, or other pictorial representations of the work,
if the building in which the work is embodied is located in or
ordinarily visible from a public place.