POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Reflecting (and bent) torus on checkered plane : Re: Reflecting (and bent) torus on checkered plane Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:17:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reflecting (and bent) torus on checkered plane
From: Darren New
Date: 27 Aug 2009 12:46:35
Message: <4a96b86b$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> IMO once you make something available to the public (ie they can just
> see it for free with no restrictions) then you can't really do much
> about people copying it.

Of course you can. You can sue them for copying it. You can have someone
there to tell them not to take pictures. Etc.

Heck, you think broadcast TV shows aren't copyrighted?

> If you want to enforce restrictions then make
> it impossible for people to see until they have agreed to your terms and
> conditions.

That would be license law, not copyright law. That's not even the same
jurisdiction in the USA.

> (this includes agreeing not using any photos or videos for commercial
> purposes).

I don't know if you can copyright a car race, so that can be different.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Understanding the structure of the universe