POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Does anyone know what forum software the POV-Ray Newsgroups uses? : Re: Does anyone know what forum software the POV-Ray Newsgroups uses? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:22:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Does anyone know what forum software the POV-Ray Newsgroups uses?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 27 Aug 2009 12:03:11
Message: <4a96ae3f@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 07:22:42 -0400, Dave Blandston wrote:

> I'm contemplating the creation of a forum (unrelated to POV), and I'm
> comparing forum software. Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Dave Blandston

The news server is:

200 news.povray.org DNEWS Version  5.7b1,, S0, posting OK

(Taken from the header when telnetting to port 119).

The web interface, I believe, was custom created, but there are several
good packages out there.  If web forums are of interest to you, check out
vBulletin.  It's not free, but it is pretty good (and there's an NNTP
gateway, so you can connect to it using a news client if you like).

Jim