POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Idle dreams : Re: Idle dreams Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:24:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Idle dreams
From: scott
Date: 27 Aug 2009 10:35:30
Message: <4a9699b2$1@news.povray.org>
>  I'm wondering: What do people do with so many cores? And I'm talking
> about
> average people, not people who use POV-Ray 3.7 (who are a rather small
> minority).

Nothing, they just buy them because it sounds better than before (after all,
they can't make the clock rate much higher anymore).  A bit like how a phone
with a 5MP camera sells better than one with a 2MP camera, even though the
photos are just as crappy and you can hardly blow it up to A4 to print out.