POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Idle dreams : Re: Idle dreams Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:24:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Idle dreams
From: Doctor John
Date: 27 Aug 2009 09:08:47
Message: <4a96855f$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>> So there are hex-core Operons now, eh?
>
>   I'm wondering: What do people do with so many cores? And I'm talking about
> average people, not people who use POV-Ray 3.7 (who are a rather small
> minority).

<snip>
>   So what do people need so many cores for? Not everyone uses them for
> multithreaded rendering or video editing.

Who cares what they use them for? The more people buying them, the lower
the price gets to you and me :-)

<Marketing> C'mon suckers, buy your redundant cores now. Be the first on
your block to watch YouTube on our new dodecacore Hyperon! </Marketing>

John
--
"Eppur si muove" - Galileo Galilei