POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Parallel processing : Re: Parallel processing Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:26:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parallel processing
From: Warp
Date: 27 Aug 2009 08:49:11
Message: <4a9680c7@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> "Parallel programming is the next big thing for the world of computing ???
> it has started already."

> Um... wasn't parallel processing supposed to be "the next big thing" 20
> years ago?

  You should understand marketing speech. Everything is new when the
market decides it's new.

  I laughed some years ago when they introduced a really revolutionary and
innovative new concept: Dumb terminals. Of course the marketing speech didn't
say that dumb terminals have existed for something like 30 years (and fallen
mostly out of use by about the mid-90's).

--
                                                          - Warp