POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Idle dreams : Re: Idle dreams Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Idle dreams
From: Invisible
Date: 27 Aug 2009 07:45:09
Message: <4a9671c5@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> In other news... Some of HP's other servers are actually not as
> expensive as you'd think, considering the horsepower.

...for example:

http://tinyurl.com/lrkzto

server. Not too shabby, eh?

Of course, this is quite silly. If I buy a desktop system instead, I can
probably get similarly impressive CPU performance *and* have somewhere
to put my expensive GPU. ;-) But, for reasons unknown, desktop
motherboards never support multiple CPUs...