POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Idle dreams : Idle dreams Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:23:06 EDT (-0400)
  Idle dreams
From: Invisible
Date: 27 Aug 2009 07:36:17
Message: <4a966fb1@news.povray.org>
So I'm surfing the net, and I read this:

http://tinyurl.com/lls9hh

So there are hex-core Operons now, eh? And HP are planning to ship them?

Obviously, I immediately wondered where you buy an 8-socket HP server
populated with hex-core Operons, and what such a beast would cost.

http://tinyurl.com/mfpfxu

So we don't know yet. However, it's little brother is listed "starting
at" $16,999.00. (As far as I can tell, the principle difference is that
the G5 takes quad-core Operons, while the G6 does hex-core.) So I think
we can safely assume this is out of my price range.

In other news... Some of HP's other servers are actually not as
expensive as you'd think, considering the horsepower.