POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Now that's cool : Re: Now that's cool Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:15:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Now that's cool
From: Tim Cook
Date: 27 Aug 2009 02:23:56
Message: <4a96267c@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> You don't even have that with light, no matter how fast you "swim".

However, it must be pointed out that no human being has ever personally
managed a speed of any noticeable fraction of the speed of light to find
out.

I also have trouble with the notion that light emitted at the same time
from point x and point y, point x stationary to and point y moving
rapidly relative to point z, both beams of light will arrive at z at the
same moment, regardless of distance.  (Which was one of the bits
mentioned in a simplified explanation of relativity I read once.)

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net