POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Faking "curvedness" : Faking "curvedness" Server Time
2 Jul 2024 18:54:59 EDT (-0400)
  Faking "curvedness"
From: SharkD
Date: 26 Aug 2009 19:50:42
Message: <4a95ca52$1@news.povray.org>
Due to the size differences involved, it's not practical (AFAIK) to
model the curvature of the Earth in scenes with objects as small as a
person. However, I was theorizing that it might be possible to fake the
curvature by surrounding the scene (a few thousands of meters) with a
"lens" of a precise shape. I was wondering, is this actually feasible?
If so, what shape of a lens should I use? How will this affect rendering
time?

-Mike