POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Now that's cool : Re: Now that's cool Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:26:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Now that's cool
From: Darren New
Date: 26 Aug 2009 19:30:25
Message: <4a95c591$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> Not really. If light slows down or speeds up as it approaches the earth
> (due to the "aether" exhibiting "local movement"), how could you
> possibly tell the difference?

They'd change apparent angles, methinks. I'm sure there's something clever
that could be figured out. :-)

> Now that's a puzzler to me: Isn't the electron known to have two
> "brothers" (muon and tauon) that differ from it only in mass?

Dunno. Probably.

> in which the propagation speed of
> disturbances must obviously be independent of the particular particle
> that caused them.

Don't ask me. I just know what the formula says. Or knew. IIRC.

I think the charge is based on probabilities of interactions between photons
and electrons. (I.e., the definition of "charge" is "how much the particle
interacts with the photon" or some such.)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Understanding the structure of the universe