POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : n_to_national_healt =?ISO-8 : Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition to national healthcare? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:13:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition to national healthcare?
From: scott
Date: 26 Aug 2009 02:58:02
Message: <4a94dcfa@news.povray.org>
> Every house here belongs to a town (or village if you like). Don't tell me
> even that is different in the US.

When I moved to Germany I was intrigued how every tiny village is very
precisely defined with those yellow signs telling you the beginning and end
of it (and how they also mean there's a 50 speed limit, can catch out
foreigners...).

I always wondered what would happen if you built a house outside of any
official village, would they move the yellow signs so that you were still
inside one, or would you get to choose which one you belonged to, or what?

In the UK there is no such precise system, if you're lucky enough to have
your village defined with a name sign on entry (good luck finding an exit
sign!), it doesn't mean anything official in terms of addresses or postal
regions, and certainly doesn't imply anything to do with speed limits, it's
more just for info.