POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : MAME: It's frustrating! : Re: MAME: It's frustrating! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:25:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MAME: It's frustrating!
From: nemesis
Date: 26 Aug 2009 00:53:15
Message: <4a94bfbb$1@news.povray.org>
haha, cool thread that I missed...

stbenge wrote:
> Mike Raiford wrote:
>> So, I've dipped into emulation again. I've always been fond of the NES
>> and SNES emulators, since these were the consoles of my childhood. I
>> still do have my SNES console.
>
> Those were the great days. Super Metroid was awesome, as was FF II & III...

yes, Super Metroid completely mindblowing.  Rarely felt so alone and
lost in a game, plus it got ingenious puzzling level layouts, great
powerups and wonderful, hypnotic music, specially underground
Brinstar... also probably the last arcadey game from Nintendo itself...

>> So, I decided to find a few arcade classics and download MAME.
>
> Dude! That's like, stealing you know. That is, if you consider copying
> information stealing. Those original programmers wouldn't get a penny if
> you bought an old game on eBay or some other place now.

oh come on!  Those original developers got plenty of my pennies for all
the hours I lost in those games back then.  Besides, Williams is dead,
Taito almost so... :/