POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Sun, atmosphere, haze etc. : Re: Sun, atmosphere, haze etc. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:26:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sun, atmosphere, haze etc.
From: Alain
Date: 25 Aug 2009 21:39:14
Message: <4a949242$1@news.povray.org>
SharkD a écrit :
> I was wondering if anyone could direct me toward a scene with a
> realistic daytime sky, clouds, haze and sun that I could reuse in my own
> scene (I have already determined units of measurement for my scene).
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Mike

Most of those are hard to port, especialy if the scale of the scenes
differs.

The daytime sky can be done with a sky_sphere to provide the backdrop
for the other elements. Usualy, all you need is a nice gradient.

The haze and clouds are harder to port, and, in some case, it's not
possible.
Realistic clouds often require the use of media. Same for the haze.
If you change the scale, you need to change the density, and possibly
the pattern(s) used.
If your POV units represent a smaller unit (feet to meter for example)
that the original, the media will get to thick.

The easiest part, is the Sun. Look at the lightsys and sunpos.

Alain