POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Micronormals + Media Speedup : Re: Micronormals + Media Speedup Server Time
7 Jul 2024 05:33:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Micronormals + Media Speedup
From: clipka
Date: 25 Aug 2009 18:47:27
Message: <4a9469ff$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers schrieb:
> Nice effect.  What was the key to the speedup?

Until now, media effects between a ray's origin (e.g. the camera) and an
object would be computed for each of the object's sub-textures
separately (except for multi-layered textures).

Somehow I thought that didn't really make much sense...

I moved that code to be called only after all sub-textures have been
evaluated.