POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Life just isn't long enough : Re: Life just isn't long enough Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:26:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Life just isn't long enough
From: Doctor John
Date: 25 Aug 2009 10:40:26
Message: <4a93f7da@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> The SCO trustees aren't really involved in the case.  The appeals court
> just overturned the decision of the lower court (except for the monies
> due Novell from SCO's license to Sun = more drain on the SCO bank
> account) and told the lower court that a jury has to decide the ownership
> back here in Utah.

I stand corrected

> Personally, I think it's likely SCO will not emerge from bankruptcy
> (though this ruling does give SCO something to take back to the
> bankruptcy court to say "we have money coming", so that court may hold
> off on throwing them into Chapter 7).  I'm biased, but I don't think SCO
> will prevail.

Personally, I hope not but something's happening

http://sev.prnewswire.com/banking-financial-services/20090824/LA6565824082009-1.html
Do they really think that they might attract further investments or is
this part of a smokescreen?

Groklaw is understandably cynical; see Update 5 on

> But I think you're right, this could drag on past our lifetimes at this
> rate. ;-)

...and possibly our children's lifetimes ;-)

John
--
"Eppur si muove" - Galileo Galilei