POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Life just isn't long enough : Re: Life just isn't long enough Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:25:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Life just isn't long enough
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 25 Aug 2009 10:16:20
Message: <4a93f234$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 15:10:06 +0100, Doctor John wrote:

> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/08/25/unix_sco_judge_reversal/
>
> OMG it's back on again. I'm going to die before this is decided. WTF do
> the SCO trustees think they're playing at? (any comments Jim?)

The SCO trustees aren't really involved in the case.  The appeals court
just overturned the decision of the lower court (except for the monies
due Novell from SCO's license to Sun = more drain on the SCO bank
account) and told the lower court that a jury has to decide the ownership
back here in Utah.

Personally, I think it's likely SCO will not emerge from bankruptcy
(though this ruling does give SCO something to take back to the
bankruptcy court to say "we have money coming", so that court may hold
off on throwing them into Chapter 7).  I'm biased, but I don't think SCO
will prevail.

But I think you're right, this could drag on past our lifetimes at this
rate. ;-)

Jim (all opinions are my own, etc.)